McAfee is a famous company in the proactive protective niche. Their antiviruses are not only robust with many security features and add-ons, which are useful in blocking any form of malware. LiveSafe and Total Protection are some of their best and popular packages. Both work similarly, but they have just a few different extra features. They are also designed to guarantee you with cloud security, endpoint protection, data protection and encryption, network security, security analytics, security management, server security, ensure real-time visibility into all activities on systems, web security and database security.
They both provide 100% protection from any threat, including spyware, viruses, Trojans, spamware, malware etc. Both programs offer protection to multiple devices like iOS, Android, PC and Mac devices. Though many people believe that there is no real difference between LiveSafe and Total Protection, but basically it’s a marketing technique.
However, the only difference they have is that Mcfee Total Protection provides everything available on LiveSafe and more as far as cybersecurity is concerned. McAfee LiveSafe is not only an antivirus as it also offers a comprehensive digital security solution for your digital space in terms of cloud storage. In terms of cost, McAfee LiveSafe and Total Protection can be purchased at almost the same price. It is only the number of devices you intend to protect that will be a factor in determining the final cost.
McAfee LiveSafe is designed to automatically detect the threats on your devices and remove them. As per the name, it saves, secures, and protects your devices against the malicious virus attacks. The best thing about McAfee LiveSafe is that with its one subscription, you can protect multiple numbers of PCs, MACs, Smartphones, and tablets against online threats and viruses. In fact, this one protection software is for unlimited devices.
Features Of McAfee LiveSafe
- Web and email protection
- Virus and spyware protection
- Data security
- File locking
- PC and home network protection
- Password Manger
What You Need To know About McAfee LiveSafe
- McAfee LiveSafe is a comprehensive digital security suite which provides your device with anti-virus, identity and protection.
- McAfee LiveSafe comes with a Personal Locker with a space of 1GB secured cloud storage. The cloud storage also includes advanced protection for the safety of your most precious data and vital documents in it. McAfee can store everything including your passport and your documents.
- McAfee Livesafe has a different selling point. It boasts of secure cloud storage that protects cloud-based folders.
- It is famous due to the fact that, it provides security for your documents, identity and data across all your devices, a factor that can be attributed to its latest scanning engine that offers 24/7 malware protection.
- Parental control is not strong or as good as that of McAfee Total Protection.
- McAfee LiveSafe offers an all-inclusive plan that offers protection across an unlimited number of devices.
McAfee Total Protection
McAfee Total Protection is a security suite which provides your device with anti-virus, identity, and privacy protection. It is considered as the real-time protection as it safeguards your devices from even the advanced kinds of rootkits, Trojans, malware, viruses, spyware, and other such threats without making any compromise on the battery life of your device. It includes things like personal firewall, vulnerability scanner, parental controls, crypto-currency protections, and password manager.
Features Of McAfee Total Protection
- Web and email protection
- Virus and spyware protection
- App and web boost
- Provides data protection and backup
- Parental controls and VPN
What You Need To Know About Total Protection
- McAfee Total protection is a premium version that provides the complete protection for any OS platforms including PC, Mac and Android.
- McAfee Total Protection does not provide cloud storage. It protects your sensitive documents and files by encrypting them with 128-bit encryption and save them in a password-protected vault.
- Total Protection’s selling point is that it boasts of being an award-winning web/email protection software that guarantees defense against viruses and threats with online and offline protection.
- It is famous for its password management feature which helps you create and store highly secure and unique passwords for each of your online accounts.
- Parental control is fairly strong and good when compared to McAfee LiveSafe.
- McAfee Total Protection offers three different plans based on the number of devices you need. The plans include: Single Device plan (supports one device), Individual plan (supports up to five devices) and Family Plan (supports up to 10 devices).
Also Read: Difference Between Kerberos And SSL
Difference Between McAfee LiveSafe And Total Protection In Tabular Form
|BASIS OF COMPARISON||McAfee LiveSafe||McAfee Total Protection|
|Description||McAfee LiveSafe is a comprehensive digital security suite which provides your device with anti-virus, identity and protection.||McAfee Total protection is a premium version that provides the complete protection for any OS platforms including PC, Mac and Android.|
|Cloud Storage||McAfee LiveSafe comes with a Personal Locker with a space of 1GB secured cloud storage.||McAfee Total Protection does not provide cloud storage.|
|Selling Point||It boasts of secure cloud storage that protects cloud-based folders.||The Unique Selling Proposition of McAfee Total Protection is its award-winning antivirus scanner, web/email protection.|
|Popularity||It is famous due to the fact that, it provides security for your documents, identity and data across all your devices, a factor that can be attributed to its latest scanning engine that offers 24/7 malware protection.||It is famous for its password management feature which helps you create and store highly secure and unique passwords for each of your online accounts.|
|Parental Control||Parental control is not strong or as good as that of McAfee Total Protection.||Parental control is fairly strong and good when compared to McAfee LiveSafe.|
|Number Of Devices||McAfee LiveSafe offers an all-inclusive plan that offers protection across an unlimited number of devices.||McAfee Total Protection Plans offer protection for a limited number of devices, the maximum being 10 devices.|
McAfee LiveSafe Pros And Cons
- Provides excellent protection
- Your devices remain fast
- Free and unlimited VPN
- Advanced password manager
- Great user reviews
- Offer up to 1GB of encrypted cloud storage
- Parental control is not very strong.
McAfee Total Protection Pros And Cons
- Excellent protection
- Constant updates
- Reliable customer services
- Navigation may require a little getting used to for no-experienced users.