What Is Cartoon?
Cartoon can be described as a drawing intended as a caricature, satire or humor or a short television show or animated movie which is usually intended for children. Cartoons mostly target children, especially pre-teenagers. A cartoon often revolves around a superhero, animal or a child hero. Some popular examples of cartoons include Tom and Jerry, Scooby Doo, Garfield, Mickey Mouse etc.
What You Need To Know About Cartoon
- Cartoons are created by cartoonists (drawings) or animators (TV shows or short movies).
- Cartoons are usually watched by children.
- Cartoons more often contain elements of silly humor because they are primarily designed to entertain kids.
- Cartoons often never deal with serious subject matter; instead they deal with simple adventures or slap-stick comedy scenes such as superheroes, anthropomorphized animals, mysteries etc.
- Cartoons have unrealistic scenarios and characters.
- In the production process of cartoons, voice acting is done in the first place and then the visuals.
What Is Animation?
Animation refers to the art, process or technique of creating films with drawings, photographs of a static object or special effects. Animations present a great deal of art detail; they pay more attention to details of the settings and characters.
Types of animation
- Traditional animation
- 2D animation
- 3D animation
- Motion Graphics
- Stop Motion
What You Need To Know About Animation
- Animations are created by animators.
- Animations target all kinds of audiences, from little children to adults.
- Animations are more often devoid of humor, especially where serious subject matter is of concern.
- Animations generally deal with a variety of subject matter. Adult-oriented animations often cover themes such as sexual, social or political matters.
- Animations are situated more towards reality, though they may incorporate magic and such other things.
- In the production process of animations, the visuals are created first and then characters are voiced later.
Difference Between Cartoon And Animation In Tabular Form
|BASIS OF COMPARISON||CARTOON||ANIMATION|
|Description||Cartoon can be described as a drawing intended as a caricature, satire or humor or a short television show or animated movie which is usually intended for children.||Animation refers to the art, process or technique of creating films with drawings, photographs of a static object or special effects.|
|Creation||Cartoons are created by cartoonists (drawings) or animators (TV shows or short movies).||Animations are created by animators.|
|Audience||Cartoons are usually watched by children.||Animations are watched by both adults and children.|
|Themes||Cartoons often depict superheroes, anthropomorphized animals, mysteries etc.||Animations generally deal with a variety of serious themes.|
|Nature||Cartoons have unrealistic scenarios and characters.||Animations are situated more towards reality, though they may incorporate magic and such other things.|