There are three major releases of Angular. The first version that was released is Angular 1, which is also referred to as Angular JS. Angular 1 was followed by Angular 2, which came with a lot of improvements when compared to Angular 1.
- Supports Hierarchical Dependency Injection.
- Web components based architecture.
- Equally useful framework for web, mobile and desktop apps.
- Modern, faster and highly scalable framework.
Angular 4 is an improvement on Angular 2, but a total rewrite of Angular JS. It has a completely different architecture. The features that set Angular 4 apart from earlier Angular versions include:
- Tyescript 2.1+ compatibility
- Support for email validator
- Adds search parameters to an HTTP request
- A new View Engine that produces less code in Ahead of Time (AoT) mode.
- Animation Package
- New System JS plugin
- Router (Paramap)
Also Read: Difference Between angular 4 and Angular 5
Angular 2 Vs. Angular 4 In Tabular Form
|BASIS OF COMPARISON||ANGULAR 4||ANGULAR 2|
|Code Generated||Angular 4 has reduced the bundle file size by 60% and thus code generated is reduced, this helps to speed up the performance of the application.||Angular 2 has a larger file size and therefore the code generated is bigger.|
|Animation Feature||Animation features are pulled out of @angular/code and included into their package.||There is no animation feature offers in Angular 2.|
|Compatibility With Applications||Angular 4 is backward compatible with Angular 2 for most applications.||Angular 2 is not backward compatible with Angular JS.|
|Disapproval Phases||In Angular 4, there will be proper disapproval phases to allow developer to adjust their code.||In Angular 2, there is no specific proper disapproval phases to adjust codes.|